A Canadian June journey as I explore and confront our roots with entertainment, history, nature, song, and expression.
1. CBC Radio Producer, Jess Milton of The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean shares how she became a producer, some personal moments with Stuart, experiences from the show, new announcements for the summer, and more. https://www.vinylcafe.com
2. Surfer Peter Greve shares his experience surfing the Great Lakes, what equipment is needed, getting swallowed by a wave, making your own surf board, and all the surfing lingo you need as he credits his surfing contact Vesa from Superior East Board Shop http://www.superioreastboardshop.com with helping him.
3. Canadian Songbird Kaleigh Watts shares two songs with us as well as insights on their origin as she lets us get up close and personal with Smoke Lake and Ophelia. https://www.kaleighwatts.com
4. We observe two minutes and 15 seconds for the 215 children of Tk’emlúps te Secwépem, in memory and to serve as a starting point for a journey that we must start towards healing, understanding, and changing. The podcast will have no content for this two minutes and 15 seconds as I invite you to observe this moment.
5. I explore a blog essay piece on COVID-19 and Freedom of Expression in this story-time analysis that looks at beliefs, pandemic information, the medical and science community, conspiracy, and facts. https://guidopiraino.com/blog/2021/05/26/freedom-of-expression-and-the-impact-of-covid-19/
6. Recent winners of the Canadian West Coast Italian Radio Network, Frankly Speaking share their captivating cover of O Sole Mio with us to close the podcast on a high note! https://www.facebook.com/franklyspeakingmusic.ca/
Please also consider taking advantage of a few great offers from sponsors:
1. Johnny Pro
The Path Radio Mix Online
Free Online Streaming Music & Audio Content